The active ingredients in cosmetic products are what actually make the product effective. Depending on their level of concentration in the product, they help to resolve skin problems in a more or less visible way. Make sure that you’re choosing the right skincare products by learning to recognise the active ingredients your skin needs.
An overview of active ingredients and their superpowers.
This molecule, which is able to hold up to one thousand times its own weight in water, is a key factor in dermal and epidermal quality. Naturally present in the skin, hyaluronic acid regulates skin characteristics such as tone, nutrition and elasticity by strengthening skin and stimulating its hydration.
As we age, skin can become dehydrated because the quantity and quality of hyaluronic acid in the skin reduces, causing wrinkles to form.
Using a moisturising face cream which contains hyaluronic acid can help to make skin smoother.
Our Deep Care Moisturising Mask is a real “anti-thirst” remedy thanks to the hyaluronic acid it contains.
Peptides are ultra-powerful amino acid chains that preserve the youthful appearance of skin. They work like messengers asking cells to produce the elements needed by the skin.
Peptides can have an anti-ageing action by activating cell renewal, by asking them for example to create more collagen which improves skin elasticity.
They’re in Ioma products, especially:
• Argireline which reduces laughter and frown lines and furrows.
• Chronoline which stimulates collagen production and restructures the dermis.
• Haloxyl which boosts micro-circulation and reduces dark circles.
• Kollaren which improves skin firmness.
• Neutrazen, calms and soothes irritated skin.
Flash Youth Eye Contour Concentrate N°2 contains haloxyl to fight against bags, dark circles and slackening eyelids.
You’ll also find Kollaren in our Ultimate Generous Serum n°3 for firmer skin.
Plant-based oils are natural and provide skin with essential elements.
• Sweet almond oil has antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-wrinkle, and anti-brown mark properties.
• Coconut oil is used in lots of different ways! Regenerating, antibacterial and nourishing, this oil is also rich in vitamin K, which helps smooth out wrinkles for example.
• Appreciated for its softening, emollient properties, cotton oil moisturises and restores epidermal functions.
• Hydrogenated castor oil obtained from castor seeds is emollient and can be used to remove make-up.
• Borage seed oil is rich in gamma-linolenic acid and linoleic acid which have a calming action when applied externally to rashes or ageing skin.
The Deep Care Moisturising Mask n°1 restores radiance thanks to its high concentration of almond.
Our Anti-Wrinkle Mask contains cotton oil to help you fight against the signs of passing time.
Shea butter is the perfect ingredient to counter dry skin. It promotes tissue re-oxygenation, elimination of metabolic waste and even helps treat stretch marks, eczema…
You’ll find shea butter in our anti-age Generous Night Cream to help nourish, regenerate, and protect your skin.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that is highly effective against skin ageing. It stimulates melanin production (the pigment responsible for tanning and a healthy glow), and stimulates collagen synthesis, which firms the skin.
Enjoy the benefits of vitamin C in our Youthful Moisture Cream Day and Night (ENERGIZE range), which is perfect for skin that is lacking radiance and/or shows the first signs of ageing.
This molecule is known for its repairing, soothing properties. Allantoin stimulates skin renewal, improves its ability to retain water and maintain moisture levels and reduces inflammatory reactions.
It can be found in after-sun skincare products, for example, or in products used after hair removal or shaving, and more generally in products for sensitive and/or reactive skin.
Our Mild Toner Foam facial cleanser contains Allantoin to fight the against the aggressive effects of cleansing and limestone in water.
Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, healing, draining … the infinite powers of plants! They are commonly used is cosmetics and have the advantage of being 100% natural.
• PA Revivisence is a so-called “resurrection” vascular plant with long-lasting moisturising properties which protects skin damaged by cold.
It makes our Optimum Moisture Cream N°1 Day and Night an essential part of your beauty routine.
• Grapefruit extract has an astringent, toning and moisturising effect. It can also be used as a preservative thanks to its antibacterial properties.
You’ll find it in our Repair Gel Day and Night N°5, a multi-correcting cream for skin with imperfections.
• Pink peppercorn tones skin, helps fight against the appearance of wrinkles and has antioxidant, antibacterial and regenerative properties.
Enjoy all of these benefits with our Vitality Shoot serum, a radiance-enhancing skincare product.